Please see what we are capable of and what we’ve already done!
Skins Seventh Generation Character Design Workshop
Skins Machinima Workshop
- Duration: 3 Days?
- Duration: 3 Days?
- Duration: 3 Days
Skins Indigenous Avatar Design & 3D Print Workshop
Skins Video Game Workshop
Overview of the Skins Workshops: www.skins.abtec.org
Skins 1.0 – Kahnawake Survival School
- Date: September 2008 – June 2009.
- Duration: Weekly highschool course with 2 weekend intensive sessions.
- Overview: Skins 1.0 was prototyped at Kahnawake Survival SchoolThe students designed a game called Otsi: Rise of the Kanien’keha:ka Legends. Otsi: won the Best New Media Award at imagineNative 2010.
Skins 2.0 – Concordia University
- Overview: Skins 2.0 Skins Summer Institute took place from July 16 – 29, 2011 at Concordia University in Montreal. Using the Unity game engine, participants completed one level of a game called, Skahiòn:hati: Legend of the Stone Giant.
Skins 3.0 – Extended Play
- Overview: Skins 3.0 took place from March 2012 to July 2012 at Concordia University in Montreal. Some of the participants of both Skins 1.0 and Skins 2.0 wanted to continue working on their game. So we decided to merge the stories, creating Skahiòn:hati: Rise of the Kanien’keha:ka Legends.
Skins 4.0 – Concordia University
- Overview: Skins 4.0 took place from May 27 to June 14, 2013 at Concordia University in Montreal. During this three-week intensive workshop, participants created a game with some brand new characters. Ienién:te and the Peacemaker’s Wampum follows our heroine, Ienién:te (yeh-YAWN-day), home from University with her brand new Archeology degree, as she is visited in a dream by a bear spirit. The spirit tells her of evil wrongdoings nearby–which only she can set right.
Skins 5.0 – He Au Hou
- Date: July 2017 – August 2017.
- Duration: 3 week intensive.
- Overview: Skins 5.0 Workshop on Aboriginal Storytelling and Video Game Design, was held at Hālau ‘Īnana in Honolulu, 17 July – 4 August, 2017. Participants created a Hawaiian-language game based on an original story they had come up with, set in a universe filled with our stories and traditions. They did everything from coding to graphics to voice acting.