The Initiative for Indigenous Futures residency programme welcomes, on an ongoing basis, proposals from Indigenous artists, writers, activists and thinkers who would like to envision an Indigenous future. Where would you like to see our people in seven generations? Or twenty? These malleable residencies will be offered twice a year to a variety of individuals, such as a visual artist who would like to create an interactive work; A political scientist who would like to imagine and write out the ways in which a traditional government system could replace the current one; A linguist who like to imagine the future of your Indigenous language; A sci-fi writer; or _____________________________________ (fill in the blank).
We will provide:
– A desk and computer station at AbTeC headquarters, located at Obx Labs within Hexagram Concordia in Montreal, Canada
– Camaraderie and/or mentorship by mid-career Indigenous artists
– Access to Hexagram-Concordia’s wide range of services
– A home for the digital aspect of your final project/product on the AbTeC/IFF website and in the Indigenous New Media Archive.
– Round-trip travel to Montreal and up to 3 months accommodation.
– Flexibility. Perhaps you’d rather work from home. Maybe you want more time. Let’s discuss.
Please send inquiries and proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org; please write “IIF Residency” in the subject field.